Repair of NERIS products. Technology of using glue for PVC materials. (Not for TPU fabrics)
For PVC materials, it is necessary to use polyurethane glue (provided in the kayak / packraft repair kit). You must use fresh glue (not older than a year). Once opened - remaining glue is unsuitable to use after more than 1-2 weeks.
In order not to stain the boat skin with excess glue, it is advisable to outline the patch with electrical tape, masking tape, duct tape or similar.
Field repair (Cold method):
1. Wipe dry and remove dirt from the surface of the material around the hole / break (damage).
2. If possible, grind with fine emery (sandpaper) to roughen the entire surface where the repair patch will fit.
3. Prepare a repair patch - this should cover the hole / damage by 1.5 - 2 cm in all directions. Ideally the patch should not have square corners, the best shape is a round disc.
4. Apply a thin layer of glue on the patch and on the surface to be repaired, and let it dry for 3-5 minutes. The glue should be absorbed and dry.
5. Apply a second thin layer of glue to both surfaces and firmly press the patch to the area to be repaired, and hold for a few seconds.
The bond is sufficiently strong after 5 minutes. Strength increases over time.
Home repair (Hot method):
The technology of repairing PVC fabrics at home and in industrial conditions (hot method - for stronger bond strength).
1. Apply a thin layer of glue to both cleaned and degreased surfaces, and let dry for 3-5 minutes.
2. Apply a second layer of glue and let dry for 5 minutes.
3. Heat the surfaces to be glued to 60 ° C (with a hair dryer, iron, etc.) and press firmly.