NERIS Alu-3 is a unique framed kayak-transformer. If you have an Alu-3 kayak, you can easily get a single seater NERIS Alu-1 or a double seater NERIS Alu-2 with minimum investment. The kayak's module structure allows to transform the models using the Transformer kit - the skin and the extra frame pieces of the respective models, which is up to 70% cheaper than the cost of a complete kayak.
Here you can find detailed information on transforming the Alu series kayaks.
Features of the NERIS Alu-3 model:
- The kayak's design is simple and reliable, it's easy to assemble and has no fragile plastic frame fasteners;
- In the center of the kayak there is a large storage compartment;
- It is supplied together with practical inflatable seats;
- The kayak is packed into a lightweight and durable rucksack with adjustable shoulder straps and a hip belt;
- Upon request the kayak can be packed into two rucksacks (one for the skin and one for the frame).
- Alu-3 has closed Duralumin cross ribs with stainless steel stringer supports, which significantly increases its reliability, durability and useful life;
- The skin is made of hard-wearing marine grade PVC fabric, the hull has special protector strips fitted along all of the chines that are formed by the stringers and the keel bar;
- Practical carrying handles;
- The kayak can optionally be equipped with the fourth seat to accommodate a child;
- The kayak can be used as a double seater for long expeditions with more cargo;
- The kayak can be harnessed with a "Gennaker with an A-mast" or "Profi" rig;
- With no inflatable balloons the boat has more available storage;
- Cast bracket on the stern to mount the rudder;
- Body harness on the kayak's deck;
- Not recommended for sea and ocean, as salty water can over time affect the durability of Duralumin cross ribs.
The Standard kayak package includes three adjustable inflatable seats, a handy rucksack for carrying the kayak, assembly/disassembly manual and the basic repair kit in a dry bag.
Alu-3 Expedition package additionally includes a three-cockpit spray deck, three waist skirts, three cockpit covers and a rudder system. The possibility to mount a spray deck and rudder lines as well as waist skirts in an expedition package allow to use Alu in adverse weather conditions, like cold or rainy weather.
Special dry bags have been developed for the Alu-3 kayaks, for the bow and stern, for the storage compartment and deck. Their use will make your long autonomous travel comfortable virtually in any climatic zones of the world.
Includes - frame, skin with protectors, 3 seat, 2 kayak bags, manual, repair kit.
Length - 5,70 m.
Kayak width (Beam) - 0,88 m.
Weight in bag - 35,0 kg.
Pack Size - 90x45х25 cm and 110x25х25 cm (delivery in 2 bags).
Seats - 3 adults, or 2 adults + 2 children (optional).
Lifeline around the kayak deck.
Payload - 375 kg.
Assembly Time - 30 min.
Possibility to transform Alu-3 model into Alu-1 or Alu-2 model.
Warranty - 3 years.
- Spray-deck (3 or 4 cockpits),
- Spray-skirts, cockpit cover,
- Sail kit.
Kayak skin - High-quality marine grade PVC fabrics made by Mehler (Germany) density of 900 g/m2 (hull) and 620 g/m2 (deck).
Hull - profiled PVC protector strips glued along chines formed by keel bars and stringers.
Carry bag - Polyester 300D.
Cross-ribs and stringers - anodized Duralumin tube D16T (DIN 2024).
Keel bar - profiled oval tube, anodized alloy 20x35mm (DIN 6063).
Brackets (cross-rib - stringer) - Stainless steel 0.8 mm.
Removable fasteners - stainless steel nuts/bolts.